If you see a pollution incident please take a photograph with your phone and ring 03000653000 it may be needed to prove the incident took place.
- Coarse: All year
- Pike: No closed season
- Trout: 20th March – 17th October (inc)
- 4 trout per rod, per day (size limit: 10″/25.4cms from tip of snout to tip of tail)
- Fly Fishing
- Artificial Spinner
- Dead Sea Bait (for pike)
Only artificial spinners and sea fish baits are to be used for pike fishing. The use of a gaff is banned. No pike or coarse fish are to be removed from these waters.
Any person pike or carp fishing must be in possession of a large minimum 30” landing net and an unhooking mat. Carp must not be kept in keep nets or carp sacks except in bona fide competitions.
When pike fishing the following equipment must be carried: Forceps, wire cutters, long handled pliers, wire traces must be used at all times.
All species of coarse fish to be returned to the lake unharmed.
- Only one rod allowed for trout fishing
- Two rods allowed for coarse fishing
- 3 rods may be used when carp/pike fishing subject to having 3 rod environment agency licence
- No plastic bags, tins, swimming, live baiting
- Bait Containers Only
- NO FISHING is allowed off the dam or in front of the sailing club marker posts
- When carp fishing you will need a landing net of at least 30”, and an unhooking mat.