Top Pond take by Keith Jones taken on Sunday 8/1/17
National Resources Wales has introduced a new telephone number for any one to report incidents of pollution or poaching, the old 0800 number will continue to work for some time yet. The number is…………….. 03000653000
In case of pollution call 0800 80 70 60 and in the case of top pond quote OS 070085 for Middle Pond quote OS 071083
There is an upper and lower pond situated either of the A465 Heads of the Valleys road, west of the ASDA store. The lower pond is visible from the road.
All Adults £6.00
All Juniors £3.00
Nearest Supplier of Day Tickets for Top Pond is Dowlias Post Office, 7-8 Y Ganolfan, Merthyr Tydfil, CF 48 3LT, 01685 722113.
Should the post office be closed day tickets can be obtained from Cefn Newsagents, 31 High Street, Cefn Coed, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2PG (open early) 01685723029
- All year
- There are no legal bait restrictions on Penywern Ponds
- No plastic bags or tin cans allowed
- All bait must be kept in proper bait containers
- Only two rods allowed to be used at any time
- Barbless Hooks only for all coarse fish
- Night fishing is allowed but the use of bivies, tents, and umbrellas with storm flaps is banned as these would constitute camping, which is not allowed
- There is access to platforms for disabled anglers on both ponds. Please contact Nigel Morgan (Secretary) via the Association Committee Contacts page for details.
Car parking for the lower pond is available by turning off Dowlais High Street into Station Terrace and then first left towards the pond. Please shut the gate.
The top pond can be reached by driving past the ASDA roundabout, taking the first left to the back of the ASDA store, and then through the gate (please close after you) following the track on the right to the pond. At the end of the track there is parking available for disabled anglers.
Large carp are not allowed to be retained in keepnets, carp sacks, or by any other method and must be returned to the water immediately, except in bona fide competitions. When carp fishing you will need a landing net of at least 30”, and an unhooking mat.
- News (106)