National Fishing Month
MTAA will be running fishing taster days, coaches will be on hand to help anyone of any age start fishing or give advice to those that already fish, For the beginner fishing tackle will be lent and bait will be supplied.
The first date is 27 July followed by 10 Aug, 17 Aug and 24 Aug.
The events will be held on Cyfarthfa Park Lake.
- Sunday 3rd April a working party will be clearing weed in front of the pegs on Top Pond, any one who wishes to help will be welcome, we will be starting at 9.30am.
- Purchase & installation of litter bins for Penywern Ponds. Funding grant from Trecatti Trust and other funding streams. This has now been done with grants from Trecatti Trust.
- Blockstone to build a low profile weir at Troedyrhiw has been donated by Fros-y-Fran, work on the weir will start in 2016 once we have permission to work in the river.
- Investigation of the making of a coarse fishing lake on MTAA land. Still progressing
- Proposal to extend the existing footpath at Troedyrhiw to Abercanaid. This again on MTAA land. Still progressing
- Request by the Association to purchase certain fishing rights owned by a local authority. Still Progressing
- In negotiations with Welsh Government for a footbridge over A465 to connect top & middle pond at Penywern. We have been advocating this for many years and it now appears that this will be included in the upcoming updating of the A465
- We now stock the River Taff with Triploids. We have reduced the number of fish we stock, where we do not stock the wild fish have increased in significant numbers.
- Stocking our coarse fishing ponds will continue as per the survey which was completed in 2014. This is still ongoing with more stock being purchased for all our ponds this winter
- We are still receiving information about the theft of carp from Penywern pond. If successful we will take proceedings against the perpetrators under the theft act.
- The farmer that has been obstructing access to one of our fisheries is now working with a committee member to enable MTAA to do bank work on the fishery as and when necessary
- News (106)